it needs to be done.


.

Dear Spring,

I have love you. I have been excited to see you. I have even defended you at times. But if this is how you are going to treat my affections and feeling for you I think I will have to discover where my heart really belongs, and I'm not so sure it belongs with you anymore.

It pains me to say this but I think I've given you a fair chance. I even went along with that groundhog and gave you some extra time to come around and fulfill my needs. But now I feel you've taken advantage of my loyalty. I feel left out in the cold, literally.

So I'm sorry my love, but I'm moving on. My thoughts have been drifting to days with sun and warm air. I will miss your cool breeze and days of perfect sunshine, but at this point I don't think you offer me those much anyway.

Please accept my sincere apologies for my wandering thoughts to others while still remaining yours - but the time has now come for me to break away from that which only seems to give me hope and then leave me lonely. It was good while we had it, don't ever forget that. And please don't try to lure me back with smiles and warmth only to turn your cold shoulder on me again. It will be easier for everyone if I can just look forward, when this time of my life is over.

Thank you for understanding,

Emily

3 Responses to “it needs to be done.”

  1. Amander says:

    Hahahaha.

    Your post cracks me up because I was thinking of writing a letter to spring apologizing for the mean things I have said about it!

  2. Awesome! You rock, Emily. This is hilarious. I think we all feel the same way.

  3. Kaybee says:

    I love this RANDOM post. This made me laugh. :)