Calling all Tab-sters


.

I would like to know what comes to mind when you see the beauty pictured below.





A word, a pharase, a memory - anything you think of. Have you ever drank it? Do you know someone who did or does currently (yes, it's still in production)?
I know this is probably the most boring blog post ever - but instead of moping, feel lucky - it could have been about school again!
Please leave me comments! I am doing a little research for a class. Even if you have never drank it, you can just say what you think about it based on the can or the fact you've never seen it in a store.
And for extra credit points, don't forget to cast a little vote in the TaB poll I have running!

14 Responses to “Calling all Tab-sters”

  1. Amander says:

    I think of my parents drinking it when I was younger.

    And then I think my uncle found it again and now he drinks it sometimes. I don't really know.

  2. I think late 80's. Never drank it. But for some reason when I hear TAB I instantly think of caffeine, is that weird? I can't remember seeing in it in stores either?

  3. I forgot to add that as long as their is Diet Coke I will never drink TAB. Just more info :)

  4. I always think of Reanne Cram's house because when I was in 5th grade I went to her house and her family had it. But I never drank it, I just remember thinking it didn't sound like a soda and that I liked the can.

  5. stacie says:

    So is this a cola type soda then? I've heard of it before but never taken much interest since I don't drink soda. But looking at the can, I would have expected it to be some sort of fruity drink like Fanta.

  6. Your Mom says:

    My grams drank it like crazy back in the late 80's...had it by the pallet-full. Which, of course, I respect. This coming from the woman who had diabetes and yet was always eating candy. Like every day. Once again, I respect that.

  7. I have never in my life heard of or seen this drink. Though I do appreciate the pretty pink can.

  8. Anonymous says:

    I have never even seen a can that looks like this one, maybe because just go straight to the my favorite can "Diet Coke". But my curiosity has been tweeked and so i will definitely look for it next trip to the market. As for the can itself, it is a real LOOKER! I love the bright pink subtle stripe-ing. ooooo, pretty.

    rubyslipperz

  9. Anonymous says:

    My parents used to buy it in the bottle when I was younger. We were not allowed to touch it! So, I have since tried it and it does not compare to a diet coke with a fresh lime!!:)

    Angie

  10. Anonymous says:

    TAB was Coca-Cola's first diet drink. I remember way back when it first came out in in the mid 1960's. It tastes about as bad as any diet soda.

    I believe there was also a short run of Tab energy drink for women. Pretty pink plaid can, no sugar, low calories. Because nobody likes women without a little meat on their bones. Not.

    normalshoez

  11. Uncle Milton drinking it while wearing cowboy boots at a family party. Those parties were rangin!

  12. Matt K says:

    I don't know why, since I have never actually tasted this product myself, but this drink reminds me of black licorice.

    I've heard that Tab tastes disgusting and black licorice is atop my list of most disgusting flavors.

  13. I think of the movie Maid to Order from the 80's. She drinks it while she tries to clean the house. It's such a pretty pink packaged drink that I wish I liked Diet Coke so I would drink it!